Timaru - $1 reserve - Save it from the tip!

Discuss any interesting vintage computer Trade Me items here

Timaru - $1 reserve - Save it from the tip!

Postby SpidersWeb on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:24 am

http://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/vint ... 986838.htm

Would be keen on some of the PC related stuff if someone wanted to on-sell.
Pickup only.
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Re: Timaru - $1 reserve - Save it from the tip!

Postby LilJoe on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:54 am

Wishing I lived in Timaru right now :D
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.Image
If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0
Roses are #FF0000, Violets are #0000FF.
LilJoe

Postby Carcenomy on Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:19 pm

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF! I'm totally going to be up there at the time too, but I won't have room in the car! GRAAAGH!
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy

Postby arjoll on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:00 pm

If anyone does happen to pick any of this up I would love one of those EGA monitors!
'arjoll' on Trademe
Wishlist: BBC model B, Spectrum 48k and anything Sord.
arjoll

Postby SpidersWeb on Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:42 pm

I would give my left nut for an EGA display. CGA, MDA, VGA - no problem, but EGA it's like it never existed.

Would be happy to contribute towards the cost of trailer rental or similar if that helps anyone - I just want some of the PC bits.
Wanted - Dead or Alive - Reward $$$: Compaq Deskpro 8088 / 286 / 386 - IBM RT 6150/6151 parts - AT&T 3B2 parts
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Postby arjoll on Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:50 pm

I had one - on my first PC, sold it in late 92. 286/10, 120 MB drive, EGA, 2.6 MB memory. The monitor even had a switch that cycled through green, amber and colour display. Would be nice to get my hands on an EGA monitor, especially seeing they do CGA frequencies and I think that would probably work with what comes out of my SORD machines and Apple II RGB card.
'arjoll' on Trademe
arjoll

Postby Matt on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:55 am

>>>Would be happy to contribute towards the cost of trailer rental or similar if that helps anyone - I just want some of the PC bits.

If you win the auction I can pick it all up and store it indefinitely while we arrange to get it to you. Only thing is I'm living week to week on the dole right now so you would have to cover the cost of diesel from Waikouaiti (north of dunedin) to Timaru and back. I'd like to do it myself but there's just no way :-( I have a 6x4 trailer with a cage I can take some rugs and a tarp plus I have the time to do it on the Tuesday so pm me if you are keen.

Cheers, Matt
Matt

Postby arjoll on Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:48 pm

Matt wrote:If you win the auction I can pick it all up and store it indefinitely while we arrange to get it to you. Only thing is I'm living week to week on the dole right now so you would have to cover the cost of diesel from Waikouaiti (north of dunedin) to Timaru and back. I'd like to do it myself but there's just no way :-( I have a 6x4 trailer with a cage I can take some rugs and a tarp plus I have the time to do it on the Tuesday so pm me if you are keen.

Waikouaiti is certainly do-able for me - is anyone here bidding on it? I'm not familiar enough with TM usernames of forum members! If not, I'm very tempted.
'arjoll' on Trademe
arjoll

Postby SpidersWeb on Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:24 pm

Do it!
Then resell me some of the PC stuff :lol:

That's an awesome offer Matt :) My only concern is I may not be able to afford the shipping to get everything sent up.
With that in mind, what bits/sections were you most interested in arjoll? Was wondering if we might be able to split the costs etc?
VC Twitter
SpidersWeb

Postby Matt on Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:19 pm

SpidersWeb wrote:Do it!

Definitely. Sounds like the guy might drive to the Waitaki or even Oamaru for a good bid.

At a rough guess $70 diesel would get me to Timaru and back and I can get it myself on Tuesday as long I
get money for it by the weekend. It might be less - hard to say exactly.

Btw my offer is generous I guess but I should confess it crossed my mind to patch together a working
c64 if you don't need all of the commodore gear arjoll. I have a c64 but it won't power up and I'm not sure if that's
the power supply or the main unit.

Anyway good luck - looks like there is some interest already.

Cheers, Matt.
Matt

Postby arjoll on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:48 pm

I was mainly thinking EGA monitor and card, maybe some PC stuff it it's IBM and/or useful for my 5150, was going to see what the Commodore peripherals were, and maybe some of the Amstrad stuff if it's CPC. Commodore isn't really a huge thing for me - I have a VIC20, C64 and 8032 so that's representative of the brand. It doesn't look like there's anything that is really on wishlist (SORD, Sinclair, BBC) so my main motivation is to save it all from being dumped - if someone else here was bidding I wouldn't bother!

So if I got it:
* Matt - yes there should be plenty of Commodore I don't want :) although Carcemony may want a little bit too ;)
* Spidersweb - certainly would want to move a chunk of it, I just haven't got room for lots of extra stuff.
'arjoll' on Trademe
arjoll

Postby arjoll on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:52 pm

Ok, it's looking a bit rich for me at this time of year!
'arjoll' on Trademe
arjoll

Postby Matt on Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:28 pm

arjoll wrote:Ok, it's looking a bit rich for me at this time of year!

I get that for sure. Just the same I'm going to pm you and spidersweb my email and mobile now
just in case either of you decides at the last minute you just have to have the stuff. Then at least
if you win you've got my details right there. Retrodude seems pretty keen though. Maybe if he's on here
we'll get some photos.
Matt

Postby Carcenomy on Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:43 am

What happened with this stuff?

Matt, if you need 64 parts sing out dude - I have plenty of spares, and you're local enough that I can likely get them to/fro easily.
Just the local Commodore hobo and middle-aged PC hoarder.
eisa on Trademe. A lasting reminder of a Compaq fetish when I was younger.
Carcenomy

Postby Matt on Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:43 pm

Carcenomy:

>>>What happened with this stuff?

IIRC it was almost closing last time I checked in on it. Had reached in the region $120-130. Didn't recognise any usernames.

>>>Matt, if you need 64 parts sing out dude - I have plenty of spares, and you're local enough that I can likely get them to/fro easily.

Thanks m8. I have the 64c working now. Have some C code though which I wrote for the apple emulator. Recompiling it for c64 is trivial so one of these days I'll get it going on the 64 emulator then it'd be cool to run it on the actual machine as well so you might be able to help me there.
Matt

Next

Return to Trade Me