To relist or...?

Discuss any interesting vintage computer Trade Me items here

To relist or...?

Postby Roux on Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:02 pm

I want to start this off my saying I mean absolutely no disrespect to anyone selling any Vintage gear on Trademe, I love the fact that we as Kiwis have access to this stuff and can buy sell and trade very easily.

I do think though when selling some of these treasures online when we go to click "relist item" for the 10th or more time then maybe just maybe its time to change it up a bit? A new photo? A clean and tidy of the item? A lower price? I think it would be great to see more items sold through bringing a welcome freshen up the Vintage category on Trademe. New photos in an uncluttered setting and cleaning the gear ( I mean really cleaning it! ) can really help to move the items on.

Happy Bidding!
Roux

Re: To relist or...?

Postby mons2b on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:05 pm

TM makes it easy to relist on full automatic now so it just be left forever I guess. I personally think if a computer is being sold as working the seller should show that. Buyer can decide if they want live pics or just happy with looking at the box.
mons2b

Postby Roux on Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:43 pm

Yes I agree, photos of the Computer/Console and any expansion cards or accessories should be included in the listing. In regards to the automated listing I guess we wait for the day the seller to actually sell the item and adjust the listing accordingly.
Roux

Postby mangasurfer on Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:07 am

yes their are some on trademe that its all about the dollars and not about being into retro/vintage computing examples being spectrum for 400 and amigas for 500 (lol) its about getting the money. amiga i have brought at time cost between 50 to 150 and i dont think i have ever got my money back on resale. but then again its more about plugging them in and playing for me. still write games and programs on my speccy.
mangasurfer

Return to Trade Me