Entourage files

Seek advice, give advice or tell others about your repair and restoration projects

Entourage files

Postby MarkramAddy on Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:23 am

My father used Entourage on his Apple desktop. it was bought back in 2004, that makes it 14+ years old. He wants to feed them to his current Outlook 2016. Is it possible somehow? Or do we have to abort the idea?
MarkramAddy

Re: Entourage files

Postby Antz on Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:35 pm

I think you can but may need to do it in more than one step. Probably need to use outlook 2011 to convert first
Antz

Postby MarkramAddy on Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:55 am

Antz wrote:I think you can but may need to do it in more than one step. Probably need to use outlook 2011 to convert first

I read it somewhere that Entourage files are not supported directly on Outlook, because of the difference of databases. I think, i need some tool that can convert the Entourage files to Outlook 2016 format. But I am quite uncertain about the results. What if I lose them in the conversion? Is there any way I can do that safely?
Are there even any RGE to OLM converter as these are the respective mail formats of Entourage and Outlook on Mac?
MarkramAddy

Postby MarkramAddy on Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:58 pm

While I could not find any such Entourage to OLM converter, this discussion sorted my issue:
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Fo ... dowsbackup
Mail Backup X backed up all my old Entourage emails. The application later converted them to PST format, as this format is supported on Outlook 2016 Mac. I wished I had known that. Browsing the right application would have turned easier.
MarkramAddy

Return to Repair and Restoration