RetroGaming meetup

Reminisce about those old games and dedicated gaming hardware

RetroGaming meetup

Postby mrad01 on Sat Aug 10, 2013 3:03 pm

Short notice, but anyone in Auckland who would like to attend a small informal meetup about RetroGaming, go here: http://www.meetup.com/RetroGamers/

This Monday 12th at 7pm.
mrad01

Re: RetroGaming meetup

Postby kevman3d on Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:35 pm

Sounds great! However since I use public transport (don't drive) and live in West Auckland, work until 5:00-6:00 in the city - Albany is a pretty major distance to go during the week unfortunately (both there, and back in time for my last bus).

However, will hang out in the group - I'm sure at some stage I'll get the chance to pop along... Great idea for a group - and it would be nice to put some faces to names on this forum. 8)
"kevman3d" on trademe.
Blog
kevman3d

Postby kevman3d on Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:17 pm

Hope it went (or is going (since its pretty early time-wise when I'm posting this)) well. :D Sorry couldn't make it - its a pity its on a work day, and its quite a distance to get there and back...
"kevman3d" on trademe.
Blog
kevman3d

Postby mrad01 on Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:45 pm

Yes, it was great. We ended up with all these machines to play. Machine list: 1x Spacies machine, SNES, N64, Atari 7800, Apple //e, Nokia N-Gage, Astro Wars, Merlin, Nintendo Game+Watches, Puckmania and other bits and pieces.
I presented a small piece on the history and how-to-play Space Invaders, Pacman and Donkey Kong.

Great night had by all.

kevman3d wrote:Hope it went (or is going (since its pretty early time-wise when I'm posting this)) well. :D Sorry couldn't make it - its a pity its on a work day, and its quite a distance to get there and back...
mrad01

Postby Gibsaw on Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:47 pm

mm.. yes.. another one with a little more notice and I think a few more will make it.
"dsakey" on trademe. Apple II's are my thing.
Gibsaw

Postby Radar on Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:16 pm

Sadly the date for this one didn't work for me but I'd be keen to attend the next one, I have systems I can bring and can host in my "game shed" if another venue is required.
Radar

Postby mrad01 on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:44 am

Radar wrote:Sadly the date for this one didn't work for me but I'd be keen to attend the next one, I have systems I can bring and can host in my "game shed" if another venue is required.

Sounds/looks like you have a wild collection there! It was a great night out - sorry about the short notice. I'm thinking of organising another in a couple of months time - so I might be in touch if you are cool with that. I do have a couple of other ideas....
Maybe we will catchup at DigitalNationz...
mrad01

Return to Vintage Computer Gaming