Trying to track down an old 800XL game

Reminisce about those old games and dedicated gaming hardware

Trying to track down an old 800XL game

Postby manuka on Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:22 am

Hi all, I'm trying to track down an old Atari game I used to play. I've posted it on a couple of other overseas forums but haven't had any bites, so I'm guessing perhaps it was either locally produced or just really obscure. I've searched through Wikipedia's listing of 8-bit Atari games but came up blank as well....

It was a war game based on another planet, you had different robots of different classes (Tank, Scout, Bomb and a couple of others) each class had different attributes such as speed, armor, firepower, and in the case of the scout a radar and there was a hot key that would directly take you to the scout rather than scrolling. The idea was to locate your enemy's spaceship and army, fight off their army and blow up their spaceship using two of the three robots armed with nuclear bombs, then load your robots onto your spaceship and take off, from memory you got points for the amount of kills and the amount of your robots you saved. You got bonus points for taking over their ship and disabling yours from memory.

I remember picking it up in a Whitcouls bargain bin, they were clearing out all their Atari stuff at the time so picked it up for about $5.00. It must have been about 1986-87 I suppose. Does that ring any bells for anyone?
molten_media on TradeMe, which is also my place of work. No particular interests apart from passing on some of the gems that come through the door.
manuka

Re: Trying to track down an old 800XL game

Postby mehimu on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:49 pm

Name of that game....?
Himadri
mehimu

Re: Trying to track down an old 800XL game

Postby LilJoe on Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:27 pm

Is it this?
There are only 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.Image
If at first you don't succeed; call it version 1.0
Roses are #FF0000, Violets are #0000FF.
LilJoe

Return to Vintage Computer Gaming