Fountain, it goes!

Reminisce about those old games and dedicated gaming hardware

Re: Fountain, it goes!

Postby manuka on Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:36 pm

I remember having a fountain must have been around '84 or '85 as a guess. A couple of things I remember about them is that the joysticks were really flimsy, my dad had to super glue ours back together every couple of weeks or so and if you pulled the cartridges out part way though loading you'd sometimes get these half playable games of weirdness happening.
molten_media on TradeMe, which is also my place of work. No particular interests apart from passing on some of the gems that come through the door.
manuka

Postby falco on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:37 pm

The Atari 2600 did similar things if you interrupted the power supply for a split second - I guess they had so little RAM that a bit of corruption wasn't always completely fatal.

Speaking of Fountains, if anyone wants a huge pile of them let me know. A number of boxed units and games, many more unboxed. Offers...?
falco

Postby meetpatty on Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Edit. What games do you have, really need Super Knockout and Chess and willing to pay.
meetpatty

Postby Cabbage on Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:37 am

@Meetpatty
Could you open the Hobby Module up and maybe photograph the Board ?
Or does someone know where to find the shematics or board scans of the hobby module ?
The rom is not a problem, but I would like to know how the port for the tape deck is connected.
Cabbage

Previous

Return to Vintage Computer Gaming