Old Apple gear free pickup Rotorua

Please post details of what you have to sell, swap or to give away

Old Apple gear free pickup Rotorua

Postby Siggypony on Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:34 pm

In a few weeks I will be in Rotorua for two days to clean out the roof of my mothers house.

There is a bunch of old apple computers and at least one apple monitor. They were mostly working to my knowledge when put up there about 10 - 12 years ago.
I would take them all down to Christchurch and keep them but I have no way to transport them.

I would prefer is someone would take them all, I don't have time to sell them in trademe and I don't want people picking through them for parts.

NOTE: They have been stored somewhere where rats have been living and will likely need cleaning. That said last year I pulled some other vintage gear down and it all worked perfectly fine.

The computers in question are multiple LC models, probably an LCI, LCII, and LCIII maybe more.
I think there is one of the smaller apple computers with a built in screen, looks like an Apple 512 or a Macintosh.
there is also something that looks like a Macintosh IIci
There is one iMac G3, I think its the weird dark green blue color.
Also some apple external disc drives? if I remember.

I would prefer they go somewhere where they will be looked after and potentially restored, I'd be doing that myself if I wasn't based in Christchurch.

It hurts to give them away but the alternative is they get disposed of.
You'll have to pickup in Rotorua on Saturday 6th or Sunday 7th of July. I can't give you anymore information of even photos before that point because I won't be in Rotorua till the 5th and are leaving again on the 8th and I am only there to clean it out and get rid of it all.

I guess a haul like this doesn't come up much, I just wish it was someone else and in my area :(

/Edit I can't make any promises about any of the gears condition, If you take them expect to have to get them working your self (Isn't that half the fun anyway?)
Siggypony

Re: Old Apple gear free pickup Rotorua

Postby LucasFairweather on Sat Jul 06, 2019 5:48 pm

Hi, are these still available?
LucasFairweather

Postby Siggypony on Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:36 pm

Yes, if you can pickup tomorrow their all yours. Details,

Apple color plus 14" display
Apple High Resolution Monochrome Display M0400

Macintosh IIci with Cache card and HD
LCII with Hd
LCIII
LC with HD

Boards inside the LC's look really nice. I think for most of them the grime is on the outside of case.

iMac 333Mhz bright blue

There isn't any keyboards or mice though for some reason. But if I find them before pickup their included.
Siggypony

Postby Siggypony on Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:38 pm

Try contact as early as possible if you want them, they will be gone before the end of Sunday.
Siggypony

Postby Siggypony on Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:52 pm

Sorry I'm back in Christchurch now, these computers and monitors are no longer available.
Siggypony

Return to Vintage Items Available