Computer recycling shop

Anything to do with New Zealand Classic or Vintage Computing not covered in the other forums

Computer recycling shop

Postby Antz on Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:40 am

I recently found a little shop called "Recycling for charity" in Upper Hutt.

They take old computers to bits and sell off parts. Not sure how old school they are but saw some late 80's early 90's things there amongst piles of more recent bits and pieces. Just went there to get rid of some old PC's that died ages ago and was very tempted to buy a few things.

Worth a look if you are in the area and like to collect junk :)
Antz

Re: Computer recycling shop

Postby srosefx on Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:23 pm

thanks for sharing the information. its getting increasingly hard to find places like that nowadays, 4 years ago I could pick up old graphics cards for $5 now its considered "vintage" so it must be worth something...shame as this behaviour is driving up prices for old pc gear.
so little gems like you found are a great resource, despite the fact im based in Hawkes Bay and its a veritable desert here for the sort of thing, but worth a trip next time im down to welly for my "urban fix"
simon
srosefx

Re: Computer recycling shop

Postby wskiey on Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:53 am

Interesting most of the recycling shop I've been has a ton of recent computer parts, I can't just keep thinking old machine are much better than the new one? And yeah if they saw it precious probably they will sell it in a high price range.
wskiey

Return to General