ABOUT THESE FORUMS

What this forum is all about and any news. If you are new to this forum please read this first.

ABOUT THESE FORUMS

Postby tezza on Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:21 pm

These forums are designed to support those interested in vintage or classic computers in New Zealand. Those in Australia who want to buy/sell/gift vintage gear are also welcome to join.

For general discussions on vintage computers a very good international forum exists at http://www.vintage-computer.com/vcforum/ . This forum is not designed to compete with that site. In fact I would encourage any vintage computer enthusiasts in New Zealand to join it. Rather, this forum is designed specifically for New Zealand users wishing to..

1. List vintage computer parts they wish to buy, swap or sell or/and...
    2. Comment on, or discuss vintage computing with like-minded people in New Zealand
    3. Be part of a "local" (as opposed to international) on-line community supporting this hobby

What is a vintage computer? It's a subjective term, but for this forum's purposes, it is one which pre-dates 1995 or so. Pre-Pentium if you like.

Only registered users can post, so sign up before you do. Unfortunately due to spammers, I'll have to activate your account before you can post anything, but that shouldn't take more than a few hours.

Please observe usual netiquette. No flames or profanity. Also no SPAM! Any posts (including signatures) advertising a commercial product or service will be deleted and membership terminated. The administrator (me) has the final say as to whether posts are appropriate and will delete posts if necessary.

Enjoy the forums!

Tezza (Terry)
tezza
Site Admin

Return to News and Information