and hi from me

Introduce yourself. Tell people why you are interested in vintage computers and what (if anything) you've got.

and hi from me

Postby mons2b on Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:43 pm

Hi

I go through fazes when im overwhelmingly interested in something and there was a time I rushed about collecting old computers. Im still interested but not fanatically like I was lol.

I have mostly Micro computers our family computer was a Sinclair Spectrum and when I was a teenager my father generously bought me a ST which was a lot of money for a solo father, boy did I love that computer (I still have both). Some Macs and other 16 bits , some very old IBM compatibles. Probably the rarest device I think.. is a Amstrad pc20 which looks like a Amiga. Dont remember where I found it. Its rough but still works. Also have a QL with a mark on one corner but it still worked last time I tried it. Admittedly a long time ago.

Other things about me, im sloooowly converting a car to electric power in my garage and im currently seeking employment (Christchurch) in a Service desk type role so if anyone could help .. that would be great. I do my best to stay positive despite the job rejections.

I was in my shed the other day and peaking out from a box was my Acorn A3000. Im trying to sort that out and will make a note in another thread here asking for help with it as I removed a corroded battery but a wire bodge that was there is dislodged and i have NO idea where the wire was supposed to go..
mons2b

Re: and hi from me

Postby tezza on Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:05 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums!
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Return to Introductions