Leon - Just another JAFA with an old computer

Introduce yourself. Tell people why you are interested in vintage computers and what (if anything) you've got.

Leon - Just another JAFA with an old computer

Postby minn0w on Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:57 pm

HI all.

I just thought i would pop in and wave my hand to say hi since i just purchased an Amstrad CPC 464.
Its apparently not in working condition, but i have a good scope and debugging tools. Probably will be asking a few questions. But hopefully more answering.

I have been looking for one of these for a price i was happy with for a coupe of years now, and finally got one!
I am also after a BBC Micro, since its the main computer that i learnt to program on as a kid.
I'd also love an original Altair 8800, or even the AltairKit.com kit, But not an emulated one. But this will be out of my price range :cry:

I'm 33 years old.. Not sure what the average age here is, but that would be an interesting stat.

I am employed as a web developer (LAMP stack), but my hobbies are all electronics and embedded system based.
After learning BASIC at a young age, i was more into ASM (win32 & PIC, Z80 next!) so i wouldn't say that i'm just a web developer.

So yea. Hi all. Hope i don't buy too many of these old systems! But no promises!
Look forward to seeing what & who is all here!
minn0w

Re: Leon - Just another JAFA with an old computer

Postby tezza on Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:52 pm

Thirty three years of age! Barley legal! :)

Welcome to the forums!
Tez (Terry Stewart) (Administrator)
Collection: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/co ... /index.htm
Projects and Articles: https://www.classic-computers.org.nz/blog/index.htm
Twitter: @classiccomputNZ | YouTube: Terry Stewart
Trade Me: tezza5
tezza
Site Admin

Return to Introductions